Afternoon Picnic at the Garden Kitchen
Sip tea from china cups and enjoy tiny sandwiches without crusts at one of these lovely afternoon tea destinations.
Eat like royalty in the afternoon so you have plenty of time to spend at your pod in the evening, toasting marshmallows over a fire pit. Sounds like a plan!
We love the quirky little Afternoon Picnics from the Garden Kitchen, the gorgeous surroundings of the Huntsman’s Lodge and the cosy, special feel of The Traddock. You’re spoilt for choice around here!
4 miles: The Brasserie Restaurant in The Courtyard – The Courtyard, A65, Settle, BD24 9JY – 01729 892900
- Locally-sourced, seasonal afternoon teas with served in a cosy brasserie. Traditional selection of quality food with the option of prosecco.
- Served from 2pm
- The Brasserie Afternoon Tea Menu
8 miles: Garden Kitchen – Holden Clough Nursery, Holden, Bolton-by-Bowland, BB7 4PF – 01200 447447 (or reserve a table online)
- Seasonal, rustic and imaginative afternoon teas served on miniature picnic benches. We love their afternoon teas! They also serve afternoon tea for children.
- Served 2.30-4pm weekdays and 2.30-5pm weekends – pre-booking essential
- Garden Kitchen Afternoon Tea
8 miles: The Traddock – Austwick, Settle, LA2 8BY – 015242 251224
- Enjoy a traditional afternoon tea in the beautiful walled garden of The Traddock or by a roaring fire in winter, relaxing on a comfy sofa or armchair in the lounge.
- Served 3-5pm – reservation required
- The Traddock Afternoon Tea Menu
9 miles: Hindelinis – Ribblesdale Park, Mill Lane, Gisburn, BB7 4LP – 01200 445227
- Dainty sandwiches, mini Yorkshire puddings and tiny bottles of milkshake are served on elegant racks. Add Champagne for £6.
- Served from 2pm – 4pm – booking recommended
- Hindelinis Afternoon Tea Menu
10 miles: Huntsman’s Lodge – Coniston Hotel, Coniston, BD23 4EA – reserve a table online
- Admire the beautiful views through huge glass doors of the 24-acre Coniston Lake or stare into a roaring open fire in winter while enjoying a tasty afternooon tea. All things sweet are prepared daily. Add extras such as G&T with raspberries, Laurent Perrier Champagne or Pimms.
- Served 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- Huntsman’s Lodge Afternoon Tea Menu
16 miles: Keelham Farm Shop – Gargrave Road, Skipton, BD23 1UD – 01756 664170
- Quirky surroundings in fabulous farm shop. Combine a lovely afternoon tea with a spot of shopping in this farm-themed shop.
- Afternoon tea served 12 noon to 5pm (4pm on Sundays)
- Can take bookings for afternoon tea midweek between 3-5pm, otherwise just reserve a table when you arrive and browse while you wait.
- Keelham Afternoon Tea Menu