Distance from Peaks & Pods: 21-23 miles
- Billy-Bob’s Parlour, near Embsay – Billy Bob’s combines a pretty awesome ice cream parlour with a 50s American diner and amazing play adventures for children. A brilliant place to go for adults and children! You need to book a table in advance. www.billybobsparlour.com
- Embsay Steam Railway – Take a ride behind a vintage steam locomotive for a special journey back in time. The timetable changes according to the seasons, so check online at www.embsayboltonabbeyrailway.org.uk
- Hesketh Farm Park, Bolton Abbey – Excellent farm park for children with indoor and outdoor activities for all the family. A top-quality visitor attraction. www.heskethfarmpark.co.uk
- Bolton Abbey – spend the day on the banks of the River Wharfe and explore miles of footpaths with something for all ages. Walk through Strid Wood or cross the river along the stepping stones. Take the ‘Welly Walk’ during the summer months. www.boltonabbey.com
- Burnsall – Spend a heavenly day messing about in dinghies on the River Wharfe at Burnsall. Drive over the bridge and park in a field right up to the edge of the river. Picnic or barbecue to your heart’s content, or visit the Red Lion for refreshments.